Sunday, April 10, 2022

First Hikes of the Season

On Friday we joined Jesse and Amy's family who are in town for spring break, to hike up Rock Canyon in Provo.  I don't know why I've never done this hike before, but it was so pretty and accessible and I'd like to do it again sooner rather than later.

So good to get kids in the great outdoors!

I am not terribly adventurous or athletic, but I absolutely LOVE hiking with my family.  It is my favorite thing to do in nice weather.
Cannon and Jessica and only about three months apart in age.

We never quite get enough time with Jesse and Amy and their family.  We enjoy their family so much!
Ice cream at the BYU Creamery after hiking.
But then one day of hiking just wasn't enough-- so on Saturday we packed up and did one of our old standby favorite hikes-- over in Sandy we start at Hidden Valley Park and hike to the Bear Canyon suspension brdige.  
As usual, Greta was working her style!
It's so fun to hike with our kids-- even our little ones because they are quick and they don't complain.  They think they are awesome hikers and they are right!


Peter and Faith led the charge on the return hike and beat the rest of the family by quite a bit.
Now that we've gotten a taste of hiking this weekend, Faith and I (and many others, but not all Foxes) are excited to do LOTS of hiking this spring and summer.

No comments: