Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The Tulip Festival 2023

 

Our annual outing to the Tulip Festival was wonderful in every way, except that we didn't have Clark and Bethany with us and we didn't really have any tulips either.  Because spring was so late in arriving, there were a few, but not many tulips in bloom yet.  It has been our intention to go back, but as of writing this, we haven't yet.

Okay, well now I look like a big liar, because we did get a family picture in one of the few patches with blooming tulips.  
I'm so glad we have these two.
A little ice cream treat with Dad.
I It was absolutely beautiful springtime weather the day we went.  And we went on a weekday afternoon, so it was much less crowded than years past when we've gone on Saturdays.
Elinor was looking so beautiful-- that pregnancy glow:)  It's a real thing.
I haven't been able to capture many pictures with Brandon smiling-- which is unfortunate, because he has a great smile and he is usually smiling.  Maybe the no smile is a Korean thing?  I'll have to ask him.

Greta loves Brandon--Oh look!  He's sort of smiling in this picture!  We must simply take more candid shots.
Cannon does amuse me so!


I think I will always love this picture and this memory of Elinor.

No comments: