Friday, July 16, 2010

Gorgeous

My bedroom serves as a morning family room at my house. I never remember such free access to my parents' bedroom. But everyone seems to congregate here in the morning. The younger ones get dressed in here. The older ones do their hair in here. Toys are dragged in, clothing is searched for in the unfolded, but clean laundry stacks. The sock pile (home of all mysteriously unmatched socks) is a popular morning destination.
This morning I announced to the crowd in my bedroom that I was going to put my make-up on. Bethany jumped up and said, "I want to watch you put your make-up on".
I feel somewhat flattered. Oh, my daughter thinks her mother is special because I am a grown up woman who wears make-up.
I say to her in the bathroom, "Prepare yourself. I am about to go from scary to GOOOORGEOUS in a matter of moments".

Do you know what the little darling said to me? She said, "Well, I wouldn't go straight to gorgeous!"

WHAT? Bethany, don't you know there is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant mother?

She responds, "I don't really think so".

Get out of my room. Like I needed THAT this morning.

3 comments:

Mothership said...

Oooooo, those dang kids! Mine like to pat my "wobbly bum." Fabulous.

And, I love the picture you chose. You and the flowers behind, are, in fact, gorgeous.

Matt and Misty said...

I was feeling pretty under the weather this evening and this post made me laugh out loud. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to hear the insulting comments that will come out of my kids' mouths...hopefully they will all be directed toward Matt! ha ha ha

Castiel Moyes said...

Well you do look gorgeous and you are braver than me to put up pictures of yourself pregnant!