Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Budding Thespians

The kids performed their "Tempest" play at the Shakespeare Festival's Elementary Showcase today in Cedar City.

Abe and the kids drove down to Cedar City yesterday afternoon. Swimming at the pool at the hotel was first on the agenda.
















Getting a good night's sleep was next.












Clark is Caliban.














Bethany is Ariel.



Elinor is a bird (who is actually Ariel).
The kids are looking forward to "MacBeth" this fall.










Faith sits with a statue of
"The Bard" himself. Someday when my children are grown, or we have more money that we can take all of our little people with us, I want to take an annual trip to the Shakespeare Festival and go to all the plays. Someday.








They hit Cove Fort on the way home. This is an early Mormon way-station in Central Utah. It is a historical site maintained by the LDS church.












I seriously wish we had a smaller scale covered wagon in our backyard for the kids to play on.

Once again, Cannon and I stayed home. I'm super glad the kids got to go have such a great experience, but I say enough is enough. No more separate family trips this summer. Even though it was only for one day and night, I missed my people while they were gone. Cannon was so happy to hear the garage door open to signal everyone was home again.




2 comments:

Mothership said...

Oh, Betsy, I'm with you. That much time without them must have felt lonely! It's good to get breaks, but that was a lot this summer! Please tell me you've done something fun--that YOU liked to do.

Ali said...

What a neat adventure for them!