Monday, August 23, 2010

A Different Kind of Back to School Night

Tonight was back to school night at our house. It was our first day of "doing school".
But since there is no new teacher to meet, we celebrated back to school with a Chipmunk movie and ice cream. I know, I know-- our commitment to academic excellence is impressive. As you might imagine, without the excitement of a new classroom, new clothes, and a new teacher-- "back to school" is not what the kids were looking forward to. I felt we needed to do something fun. That being said, at least two of the three oldest admitted to me that they liked doing their school work. I secretly believe the other one does too, but I get in trouble if I voice that.

George is doing great. He is a very calm baby who sleeps for long stretches at night. Need I say more? I am enjoying him so much. If only I could just sit and hold him and ignore all my other responsibilities. Oh wait, that is pretty much what I've been doing for the last three weeks. It's been glorious. Well, the holding the baby part has been glorious. How dare the other children continue to have needs??? We're all adjusting. When I was pregnant with Clark my doctor gave me great advice, "Expect chaos for six weeks". He assured me that things would feel normal again after six weeks. I've found this to be true for each baby. So the way I figure it, we're half way to normal again! (George is 3 weeks!)

Cannon continues to keep things exciting around here. He keeps someone laughing or crying at all times. Except when we don't know where he is and then we all stop what we're doing to find him--usually destroying Clark's lego creations or hiding away with one of George's pacifiers. Good thing he is so charming that we can't resist him. Perhaps that's part of the problem?

3 comments:

christini yogini said...

Happy back-to-school, Fox family! Love you!

Amy F. said...

Okay, I promise I'm not ignoring your phone message. Finding time for a conversation can be tough with all the kiddos around!! I'll call soon. You'll have to give me some coping advice. I will be in your boat soon!

Ali said...

I am going through Fox Family withdrawals ... this needs to be remedied.