Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Faith and It's a Boy!

Chuck E., oh Chuck E.! Do I love you or do I hate you? I'm never quite sure how I feel about the giant mouse and his rocking band mates. Today we celebrated Faith's 4th birthday along with her cousin Jadan who turned six today. Lori and I decided a trip to the local Chuck E. Cheese would be fun. The kids were ECSTATIC!! Okay, Clark wasn't ecstatic, but he was anxious to see how many tickets he could collect. From what I could tell all the kids had a fun time. They would have liked more tokens, but it was pretty much tear free.


Except for this moment on the monster truck. Don't worry I rescued him shortly after the picture was snapped.













I find it hard to believe Faith is already 4. She seems to stay younger than she really is. Ever since she was an infant she has seemed to age very slowly. When she was six months it seemed like she was three months. When she was 2 I thought maybe she was 18 months. Now that she is almost four I think it is time for her to be three. What a blessing she is to our family.







It was fun time for cousins to play together. Although we live pretty close, we don't see each other as much as we'd like to.













Cannon and Ellori stayed pretty close to mom and dad, but the search parties did have to be dispatched a couple of times to locate them.

Now, if you've been patient enough to look through pictures of other people's children at Chuck E. Cheese, you get the BIG news of the day. I had my twenty week ultrasound this morning and found out we are expecting a boy baby! Hooray!
You know I would never complain about a girl (I LOVE GIRLS!) but logistically it really does work out better to have a baby boy! Cannon will have a little playmate and it will be much better for the room sharing situation. And although Cannon has been a very active, busy little boy, he has been so much fun that it makes me excited for another boy.
So I guess Faith gets to stay the baby girl for a while longer. I'm okay with that. Somehow I think Faith will stay the baby of the family regardless of how many babies come after her.

3 comments:

Mothership said...

How wonderful! I'm happy for you and thrilled for Clark. (:

Missed you so much yesterday. I'm just used to sitting by you at the forum.

There were many, many babies trying to win my heart. It's time for another . . . (no, not expecting).

Amy F. said...

Happy Birthday to Faith and Jadan!! We mothers put up with Chuck E Cheese because the kids love it!!! The do love those tokens, cheap little prizes and pizza. We're thrilled that you're going to have another boy!

JanEllenSanders said...

Faith will always have a special place in your family and in your heart...Just like Andrew does in ours. I often ask John how long he thinks Andrew will let me rock him...2..3..4... Having a baby after losing a baby is a blessing that words can never describe. Happy Birthday Faith!!