Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I Get These Ideas

We have been talking about George learning to play the cello.  I love the cello and he was on board.  But cellos are expensive and cello teachers are expensive.
Enter plan B:  We buy two more violins-- one for George, and one for Faith and Cannon to share (since they are the same size).  We have a live-in violin teacher (Bethany) who will teach free of charge!
We went to Charles Liu in Murray where we've gotten all our violins over the years.  They have a wonderful trade-in policy, so when they outgrow their instrument we can trade it in for a bigger size.
The kids kept saying, "This is going to be so much FUN!"
I hope there are moments of fun and enjoyment.  But I know enough to know how much work it is too.  But you know, I get these ideas... and somehow I just know it will be a good thing.  And I'm not afraid of working hard with the kids-- especially when we don't have to leave home to do it.  That's one thing I really like about doing music with the kids.  
This is great for Bethany too, because she gets the experience of teaching violin.  Playing it is one thing, but teaching is quite another.  She's a natural and is quite adored by the younger kids.
Let the "Twinkles" begin!-- that is, all the variations of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" that Suzuki violin students begin with.
Abe was so good to put up these violin holders so we have a safe place to put them without having to deal with bulky cases.

No comments: