Tuesday, January 16, 2018

All Sorts of Fun

Hands down my favorite picture of the week.  Sunday night we had a game night with the Schramm Fam.  Which was beyond great fun because they are the only family I know who might actually behave worse than we do during games.  I found them charming!  During The Great Dalmuti, Jakob ruled and reigned with an iron fist-- retaining his top spot for every round.  I was his number two for almost all the rounds, and we were... shall we say... not gracious winners!  It's so fun to be bad in games.
I'm totally sending this picture to Clark this week-- he'll be so proud of Jakob and I being evil together!!
Cannon has had lots of Heroscape with Hayden this week.  He may survive Clark's absence after all. 
There was much loud laughter.  Was there too much loud laughter for the Sabbath.  Yes, probably.

The plastic Tinker Toys.  As beloved as the older wooden ones were-- these are even better.  Notice Kate's crown-- she is princess and she was sparkling in her sparkly pink shirt.  Both sides are strongly encouraging a match between George and Kate someday.  She told her family she was going to "...Sparkle George with my shirt!" 
SUCCESS!!!
Good times with great friends.  Good times cleaning my embarrassingly messy counter after they left.  Do I honestly not notice how messy it is sometimes?  No, I do not.  Sometimes I am having way too much fun to worry about mess. It bothers me after the fact-- like when I see this picture and then post it for the world to see.  But not at the time.  A blessing and a curse I suppose.
Love, love, love these girls. 
On Saturday George and Peter were so, so happy to have their neighborhood friends over to play.
The bigger boys even got to play with the bow and arrow.
They played together almost all day and George was never happier!
Our ward had a waffle breakfast on Saturday.  Faith is almost 12 and I'm about to have 3 girls in Young Womens!  What??  I remember years ago figuring out that there would be a small window when all three girls were in Young Womens together.  I can hardly believe we are almost there. 
Cannon has some primary teachers he absolutely LOVES!  He was so excited to learn about the Plan of Salvation a couple weeks ago and see it drawn out.  I really thought we'd covered that at home, but maybe that was a couple kids back!  I am grateful they made such an impression on him and he is so excited to share the plan! 
Oh my!  She was so excited to see the picture of Clark he sent in the last email.  He seems to be doing very well and we are happy for him and I am still missing him like crazy.  I just avoid going down to the basement.  It's too empty (and too clean!)
Mr. Creativity strikes again!  George made yet another robot out of this and that he found around the house.  
Here he is with his latest Kiwi Crate creation.  Besides the mess, he really is the easiest boy to keep entertained.  Just give him access to whatever arts and crafts or trash receptacle you've got on hand.  He'll keep himself busy.
Okay, wait-- maybe this one is my favorite picture this week.  COULD SHE BE ANY CUTER???
Sunday was her first day going to nursery and she went and she loved it.  She still has an ear infection and fluid in both ears-- sadness.  At 18 months she isn't talking at all and so I have scheduled her appointments with the ENT and early intervention speech therapy.  After the travails of Peter and his hearing and speech problems, we are going to be much more proactive in getting her ears taken care of.
Poor Peter is suffering this evening from an ear ache.  I suspect another one of his tubes may have come out and it's hurting him. 

And lastly, going from children who can't hear and/or talk to the one who NEVER STOPS TALKING!  Don't get me wrong, I love it and wouldn't have him any other way.  He is the built in family entertainment system.
This video was made when Cannon was assigned to do the dishes a few nights again and rather than resisting, he made it into a reality TV/talk show.  

No comments: