Sunday, January 28, 2018

Pleased With Themselves

Why is Greta in a milk box?  Why not.  I have no explanation for this picture except that she fit and she was cute and she was exceedingly pleased with herself.  
You know who else should be exceedingly pleased with themselves?  THIS GIRL!  She just finished her first year of high school swim team and we couldn't have been prouder of her and her accomplishments! 
 I quite enjoyed spending Friday afternoon at her Regions meet-- where she finally got under 30 seconds on her 50 meter freestyle race.  29.99!! NAILED IT!
Getting into this fast skin suit was a workout and accomplishment all on its own.  That they can even move in them is a miracle!
She is pretty bummed that her season is over and is anxiously awaiting water polo tryouts in a couple of weeks.  She is the tall one in the center up on the blocks in this picture.
Elinor LOVES her Aunt Laura. And I love Aunt Laura who helps Elinor see tall is gorgeous!
I got quite a kick out of last Tuesday's Walmart run for individual half-gallons of ice cream.  Once again, why not?
Actually, for myself, I can think of several reasons I shouldn't down a half-gallon of ice cream.  But it was fun to watch them have at it.
This is my favorite picture of the week.  Since before Clark left, Cannon has been looking forward to going to an all day Heroscape tournament at a game store in Sandy.  Clark was really involved with these (roughly) monthly tournaments for the past several years and has let Cannon tag along for the last year or so.  
But seriously, what kind of mother would I be to let my nine year old hang out alone at a game store with teenagers and grown men?  
I AM SO GRATEFUL to Zach who let Cannon tag along with him.  Clark introduced the game to Zach when he was younger and sort of showed him the ropes.  Clark was like a big brother to Zach and now my heart is swelled with gratitude to him for being a big brother to Cannon.
So Little Miss Greta isn't talking at all yet.  Lots of babbling.  Lots of intonations.  Lots of non-verbal gesturing.  But no words.  So we've started down the path of speech therapy-- just like we did with Peter.  And just like Peter, she has an appointment scheduled with an ENT this week, because I'm quite certain she has fluid in her ears and can't hear a darn thing.  
Kind of bummer, but at least we knew what to look for this time around.  
Even with her ear infections and fluid in her ears, she is still a sweetie.  No really... I have seen the other side (with a child who shall remain nameless) and I do not take for granted a child who  doesn't scream all the time.  Once again, not naming names.
I found a whole series of muscle-selfies on my phone the other day.  I thought this would have been more of boy thing, but Faith relishes her beefcake status in this house.  She's been practicing her tumbling a lot and it's exciting to see her get so fast with her back hand springs and solidify her tricks.

No comments: