Saturday, October 20, 2018

October 20, 2018

Clark's great friend Bryson left on his mission a couple of weeks ago.  I adore Bryson and it has been a joy to watch him grow up.  I am thankful for his friendship with Clark and I admit, I was ridiculously emotional at his mission farewell. 
Speaking of Clark... isn't he handsome! 
It is such a treat to get unexpected text messages from families in Texas with pictures of our favorite missionary. 
We came across this picture this week of Clark (middle), Bryson (right) and Jacob (left) about age 14.  It's remarkable what 5 or 6 years does for young men.  It makes me feel very grateful for all the YM leaders and adults who have helped mentor and raise these boys. 
The families and friends we have raised and are raising our children with bring us so much happiness.
Also our cat brings us joy.  Well... that might be a stretch, but we have all come to accept and tolerate our cat.  It still has no name other than "The Cat".  It still likes to be let outside at freaking 4:30 AM.  That's annoying.  But then we find it asleep in positions like this and we warm to "The Cat".  Also, It has stopped viciously attacking our family.  That helps it's standing in the family.
Greta has figured out how to use scissors.  We're terribly proud of her.  We are also now collecting bets on how many days/weeks/months until she gives herself her first haircut.  Should be exciting.  Some of my children think it is irresponsible that we let the two year old play with scissors.  Perhaps they are right, but the temptation of a quiet, happily occupied two year-old is too tempting and I can't bring myself to take the scissors away.   Can you blame me?
Last weekend I had a date with my sister to a marching band competition.  Neither of us had any children in a marching band, but once a band geek, always a band geek!  
We did have a beautiful niece playing trumpet in the Skyridge marching band and we were so happy to go see her.  It was FREEZING cold!!  But we had a grand time.  

No comments: