Saturday, October 27, 2018

The Halloween Party 2018

The girls had their Halloween party last night.  As always, it was delightful to enjoy the company of so many of their wonderful friends.
I mean seriously!  How cute are they?  I think Woody (Ben) was born to dress up as Woody. 
Bethany and Connor-- or rather "Sandy" and the old guy from Up.
Kylie and Gentri-- "Wednesday" and Pugsley.  They are fabulous!
Some of my favorites!
More of my favorites!  
She may have been born in the wrong decade:)
Swim friends-- Elinor and Janie

Please tell me you catch the reference here--- Bob Wallace and Phil Davis from White Christmas.  As if I didn't love Jacob and Enoch enough already!
Mr. Mouseketeer is a friend of Bethany's from orchestra-- and he is a remarkable pianist who is now hired to entertain at all our parties.
I never quite figured out what their costumes were, but they were coordinated and adorable.
I love so many things about this picture.  I love how connected so many of these kids are in so many ways-- neighborhood friends childhood friends, new friends, siblings.  These were the last kids to leave and there was such a happiness and openness with them.  I really do feel so fortunate to get to know and interact with each one of them.
One of the silliest/funniest parts of the evening was Faith and Tristin-- AKA Chums-- AKA The Love Doctors.  They are 12 and 13, but they specialize in giving love advice to teenagers who need help.  Some teenagers have too much love, some have too little.  They can help everyone.  Their consultations are free and extremely confidential.
They've quite the collection of clients.  It helps to have access to so many teenagers through older siblings.
And the thing is... their advice is pretty good.  Clearly they have a gift.
Peter, Cannon, and George hanging by the fire.
I love how Enoch is holding Greta while playing ninja destruction. Teenagers are teenagers and they can be moody and unreasonable and lacking in good judgement.  But they are also enthusiastic and exciting and friendly and fun and good and I consider myself very lucky to get to spend time with them.

No comments: