Sunday, November 11, 2018

In Which I Go On and On and Annoy Everyone Reading This Post

The week of Halloween is all about the kids.  Tons of candy, school is a joke.
But come November 1st, it's return of the parents!  School, glorious school.
And although these pictures would suggest otherwise, I believe they were secretly happy to be back to normal life. 
Because let's be real, "normal life" at our house is still pretty fun.  This is a game that I swear everyone was a willing participant in.  They call it "Escape".  It regularly ends in tears, but it's good times until that point.
Ha ha!  This humored us this week.
Elinor loves saltine crackers.  And I love her.
Faith in her "Love Doctors" set up in the basement.  It did have to be temporarily rearranged for the D&D guys on Friday night, but I see she's moved it back to it's new set up.
Faith and Elinor.  I took them on a shopping/errands outing on Saturday, and they saw a wall and they needed to do handstands.  I was a little confused myself, but I am enamoured by them nonetheless.  They are gems.
My lovelies went to the temple together this week.  They came home and came into the kitchen to talk to me.  There they were, all four of them in group together and I thought my heart might burst with joy.  I had to take a picture to try to capture and remember them just exactly as they are.  I know the best is yet to come, but it's hard to imagine enjoying them anymore than I do right now.  This is a topic so near to my heart these day and I apologize that I go on and on about them.  BUT SERIOUSLY!!!  I love these girls.  I had no idea how much joy was to be had in a house full of teenage girls.  They are funny and smart and kind and good.  They work hard, they have goals, they love their friends and each other.  I consider these beautiful daughters among the very greatest blessings in my life.  I so wish we had Tessa here with as us well, but it is a joyful thought for us to think that there is one more Foxy Lady we'll get to know after this life.
Both Bethany and Elinor are reading some Jane Austen-- by their own free will and choice.  Because I didn't adore them enough already.
Elinor gets super chilled after morning swim practices, so that is why she is all bundled up reading Persuasion.  
This week I experienced the GREATEST triumph of my entire homeschooling career.  Elinor was having a minor boy-related drama.  (No worries, all is now well). Her tender 15 year-old heart was feeling slightly wounded and she was determining how to proceed.  She said to me, "Mom!  What was that quote from Sense and Sensibility about Marianne after Willoughby broke her heart?"

Now, mind you, I read Sense and Sensibility aloud to my kids 3 or 4 years ago.  A long time ago.  How she remembered this quote, I have no idea.  I told her I'd try to find the quote.
Here it is.
I sent her the picture of the quote.  She responded... "I need a job!"
Ha ha!  She's too awesome!  Yes, there was a reason she is named "Elinor"-- spelled just like the sensible Miss Elinor Dashwood. 
 #Elinordashwood
And this one!  She is working hard and preparing for the next phase of her life.  We couldn't be more proud of her.
She had an two amazing concerts yesterday with her orchestra performing Rob Gardner's Price of Freedom.  Oh, there were tears. 
Which brings me to one of the things I love the most about Abe.  He is always prepared with a handkerchief for me when I cry.  Always.  And he always silently hands it to me with very little fanfare, because he knows it is embarrassing to me when I cry.  He is a gentlemen-- straight out of Jane Austen.
It's hard to believe she is a senior, but what a delight she has been to our family.
Alright, alright.  Enough.  They are awesome.  I'll stop now.

No comments: