Friday, November 30, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

When we are all together there is far too much quoting of movies, books, comedy sketches and stupid you tube videos.  It is obnoxious and hilarious (to us anyway)  and we have way too much fun cracking ourselves up with this cryptic language we speak.
But there is another game we play as well.  It's called, "Is This 80's Star Alive or Dead?"  Thanks to Abe, our children know waaay too much about the tragic deaths of 80's rockstars.  Here's how it works.  A song comes on the radio, or Abe puts on a 80's playlist.  He shouts out, "ALIVE or DEAD?"  Then the children yell out the answer and I must say, they are remarkably accurate.
Extra points if they can name how they died.  We are all concerned about the number of deaths involving drugs and bathtubs.
So anyway, this was us on the way to Thanksgiving dinner at Andrea and Jame's home downtown.  We don't join them for Thanksgiving every year, but often enough that it has become a treasured tradition of sorts.
Our contribution to the feast was mashed potatoes and rolls.  We take our roll making responsibilities very seriously.  And I don't want to brag or anything (read: I totally want to brag), but I make killer good rolls.
This is me in the act of making rolls.  It is a happy place for me because it makes me think of my mom-- who was the queen of amazing roll making.
I dare say I'm looking rather queenly myself!

The adults table.
The teens and young adults and Shan:)
The kids table.
Dinner was just what Thanksgiving dinner ought to be-- delicious and filling and satisfying.  It would appear that George "winning" the breaking of the wishbone was the greatest thing that has ever happened to him.  He is easily pleased with life.  It's a good thing.
It was so nice to see Raven and Bethany-- childhood friends-- reunited again.  Raven has been away at college.
Our Thanksgiving activity was making gingerbread houses.  I think this one won the award for "Most Stuff on the Roof".
Bethany and Raven
George and Michael-- DEAD!!! He's a dead 80's rockstar!
Elinor and Peter
Nathan, Korryn, London, and Abe
Our finished products.
We watched Incredibles 2.  
And then pie with this view.  It was a very good Thanksgiving, indeed.

No comments: