Sunday, June 18, 2023

Mexico Day 5 and 6-- Ladies' Island and Going Home

 

Can you believe the color of the water!!!! So gorgeous!
Day 5 was Gretchen and I adventuring to Itza Las Mujeres.
We rented a golf cart and took off.  Thankfully, Gretchen had been before and knew a bit of what to do and see.
There was a lovely beach, but we drove by-- we had other plans for the day.  Another time, hopefully.
Gretchen was more adventurous than me when it came to snorkeling.  She went out to see what there was to see and I kept a watch from the rocks.  
I took a little selfie of myself to document this moment of peaceful contemplation.
She swam a way out-- snorkeling to her little heart's content.  It seemed extra brave of her, but I wasn't too concerned.
Until...
...to my horror... quite a huge storm rolled in very quickly.  Before disaster struck (as I was sure was imminent) she swam in and we got caught in the storm running back to our golf cart.
The open-air golf cart offered no protection from the elements, but it did make for lot of laughter and a funny memory.
 By the time was got to our next destination-- lunch and swimming at Kin Ha.
Sorry about the closed eyes-- the but nachos were delicious!
Oh, look!  It's a giant Iguana.  And another eyes-closed picture.  I don't know why the giant iguana delighted me as much as it did.  

I liked this yellow hat.  It spoke to me.  But then I remember this line from the movie You've Got Mail:
Kathleen Kelly : [writing to "NY152"] Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway, and today, I saw one! It got on at 42nd and off at 59th, where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake, as almost all hats are.

So I didn't buy the hat.  
But I think I made a mistake in not buying the hat.  Lesson learned.  When a hat speaks to you, you buy it.




The ferry ride back.
A wonderful dinner in Puerto Morelos on our last night.  
Day 6 was the travel day home.  It was comfortable and uneventful-- which is exactly what you want a travel day to be.
I think Grover was the most excited to have me home again.
Abe and the kiddos made me this cute sign.
Handing out the souvenirs.  Why yes, they are all little musical instruments.  

The whole week was fast and furious and adventures.  I was so grateful Gretchen invited me to go.  She is amazing and we had a truly enjoyable week talking and playing!  It was a great way to kick off the summer.

No comments: