Monday, February 19, 2024

hi, there

 hi there.  it's me.  i'm back.  

At least, I think I'm back.  The last post was just after Thanksgiving and now, as I write this, it is past Valentine's Day.  Why such a long hiatus?  Well, I'll explain some of the reasons in the following posts, but for now, I will just say life was happening fast and I wasn't enjoying some much of it.  And I had neither time or desire to record the events as they were happening.  Hopefully, looking back over the last few months here on this blog will be cathartic and I can have a more positive outlook moving forward.

Of course, there were LOTS of good things happening as well as the challenges.  At the beginning of December Faith and I spent four days in St. George for her final Senior State swim meet.  


In years past this meet has taken place in late February/early March.  Starting this past year, it is now at the start of December.  So it's right smack dab in the middle of the high school season.  So, although it wasn't a great meet for Faith and her hoped for time drops, we did have a lovely time and we slept and rested a LOT!  Because if she wasn't on deck during one of the six sessions, she was supposed to be resting.  Okay, twist our arms, we'll go back to the hotel and nap every afternoon.  

Faith is at the bottom in gray.
Here she is in black.  






Faith went to this meet with her club team-- Lehi Aquatics, but pictured here are the four Riverton High School swimmers that were there.

We had to check out of our hotel the morning of the last day of competition.  Did that stop us from finding an empty spot on campus for resting and getting our afternoon naps?
Do you even know me at all?  
Never doubt my ability to nap anytime, anywhere.  It is my gift.

No comments: