Saturday, November 25, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

 

This is not our puppy.  This is the Snow's puppy, but oh my goodness!  So cute!  They brought him over for a little visit. 

We had a very... interesting... time at the Orem Temple Open House on Wednesday evening.  The temple?  It was awesome.  But do you ever have one of those times when the family is just emotionally off kilter? It was that.  Only worse.  And yet here we are smiling for the camera in front of the temple  Are we hypocrites?  I don't think so.  We were all still trying to be kind-- or at least not mean.  
Since this picture was taken, tempers have cooled and multiple apologies have been issued and accepted.  
I guess I think that's just about the best you can hope for in a family.  Go to the temple and keep trying to be kind.  And apologize when you aren't.
On Thanksgiving Day, Abe and Cannon got up early for a turkey bowl.  Cannon has watched and played a lot of football since last year's less than stellar performance at the turkey bowl.  
According to both Abe and Cannon, there was redemption.
Greta and I spent the morning making rolls for the feast.  It is quite a lengthy process, but she stuck with me the whole time and made her own batch of rolls.  She is a delight.
Look how cute her little rolls are!
And speaking of CUTE....!!!!!
My beautiful Elinor
We joined Andrea and James for Thanksgiving dinner and it was wonderful.




Post meal crafty time-- iris paper folding.  I highly recommend, even for the handicraft challenged like myself.
Sisters... sisters...

Poetry for Neanderthals.  So funny.
Friday evening we went down to a Fox family gathering at Marjorie's house in Pleasant Grove. 

It was a most enjoyable and satisfying Thanksgiving weekend. 

No comments: