Sunday, November 5, 2023

More Halloween Festivities 2023

Greta and Aly-- when these two are all grown up, or maybe in just a few more years I will make a collage of all of their Halloween costumes together.  Many thanks to Aly's mom, (and my dear friend) who took the girls trick or treating.  

George is the creepy clown.
Cannon and Greta had dance classes on Halloween (boo!) They wore costumes and I particularly enjoyed Cannon's little German boy look.
I was dying at my neighbors' costumes.  I get that not everyone enjoys Halloween, and that's okay.  But I love it and I love to see others loving it.
Kate, Peter, and Eric took on trick-or-treating sans adults this year.  I think both kids and parents enjoyed the arrangement.
I am always the obligatory first door to knock on.  
Elinor absolutely cracked us up with her costume.   She went as "Pitbull".
Except, I had no idea who Pitbull was.  My children informed me he was a rapper/singer/entertainer guy.  And in the words of Elinor, "He does not encourage us to 'think celestial' ."  Be that as it may, she definitely nailed her costume this year!
My neighbor was the cutest "Rosie the Riveter".  People are so clever.
Bethany, Corrine, and Denise.
I love this picture with Clark and Abe and me.  He stopped by for a bit on Halloween for some pizza and to see the kiddos.  My heart nearly burst when he walked in the door wearing his Fox hoodie from several Halloweens past.  Let me refresh your memory.
Click HERE to learn about "Angry Fox" and the horror inflicted on him in his youth.  

That he wore the Fox hoodie, posed with his parents, and SMILED while wearing said hoodie, brings a tear to my eye.

Note to self:  Remember that while teenagers are exciting and wonderful and fun... their brains are not fully developed.  They are also moody and unpredictable and disgusted with life and you sometimes.  They won't always feel that way.  The very thing they loathe you for today may be the thing they love the most later.  Have patience. 

No comments: