Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sickie Poo Family

`

Attractive, no?

A week ago... no wait... maybe it was two weeks ago-- I have no idea.  When one gets COVID and shares it with those she loves, times sort of stops and flies at the same time.  Yes, I got the 'rona and then my family got the 'rona.  

Now, getting Covid doesn't mean quite what it used to mean.  Sharing it is not the equivalent of the attempted murder of your friends and family, as it may have been viewed a couple years ago.  Even still, it's no fun.  That being said, here is my confession:  We were not as diligent as we could have been in isolating ourselves.  But it was Halloween time and we had fun plans and we couldn't help ourselves.  I hope we can still be friends.

I went down first, then Bethany, then Faith, then Peter, then Abe, then Clark.  

Cannon, George, and Greta were spared.

There was a lot of this.
And this. 
Ben is Bethany's favorite, and, as there was no keeping them apart, he was at our house a lot.  And he and Bethany are close.  So.... good immune system or not, he was not to be spared.  He went down pretty hard.
So, in the days leading up to Halloween, the two of them were basically a cuddle puddle of sleep and sickness.  They watched countless spooky Halloween movies and even though they felt terrible, I don't think they could have been any happier.  
And when they had to return to responsible adult working life, we missed having them around.  But I will say, it was easier to get our school work done:)
The subsequent tiredness that followed the recovery was a combination of residual Covid and far too many late nights staying up watching movies.  It may sound silly, but as time passes, I think I will look back on the last two weeks with quite a bit of fondness.  The family has laughed a lot and thoroughly enjoyed each other.  It is soooo good to have Bethany back with us, and Ben in a delightful addition.

No comments: