Saturday, July 9, 2011

How Good of You to Come !

"How good of you all to come to my party!  Imagine renting out a roller rink just to celebrate my birthday!  What?  What's that you say?  The Roller Valley skating party is just part of the reunion and it just happens to fall on my birthday? 

Oh.  Well, I can imagine that it was all just to celebrate my special day."
"We're such cool guys-- we can push a baby carriage around the rink and still look tough."
"We just want world peace.  Or is it we're number one? Can't we have both?"
 "The Man Race" is not for sissies... or honest men.  The only thing that matters is winning. 
Which none of my people (including myself) did in any of the races.  We rather shamed ourselves.
That's it, people!  We'll be in training this next year to represent ourselves better next year. 
Later that day...
We gathered at a church house for yet another birthday party for me!  How considerate of the Fox family!
Kidding.  Once again it just happened to fall on my birthday, but I'll take it!  We did square dancing/ line dancing and dinner.  It was a blast and quite a workout.
  I made my man-child dance one dance with me for my birthday.  He doesn't look very humored to be humoring me, does he?
I love line dancing.  Perhaps there are those that are bored by the repetition.  It makes me feel competent.  By the end of a (long) song I have mastered it and feel so accomplished!
 Abe can feel very "off the hook" after an incredibly fun birthday day like today, I won't expect any impressive birthday celebrations for at least five years.   Even if the parties did just happen to fall on my birthday!

2 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

Happy b-day Betsy!

christini yogini said...

So fun! Happy birthday, friend!!