Thursday, June 21, 2018

Red Pine Lake Trail

A couple weeks back, part of the Young family joined part of the Fox family for a breathtakingly beautiful hike up Little Cottonwood Canyon.  We headed toward Red Pine Lake.  Due to time constraints we didn't get all the way to the lake, but the trail and the views were spectacular!
I mean seriously!!!  I've lived in Utah a long time-- well over 20 years and I've done very little outdoorsy adventuring.  I would say, "Shame on me", but NO! I've been busy having babies and NOW is the time!  And I'm loving it!
We try to get a truly terrible selfie on each of our hiking adventures.  Job well done!
This hike was Dave's suggestion and we couldn't have picked a better one!  Next time we'll have to get all the way to the lake.
It was delightfully chilly when we started and then we got higher up, so it was never uncomfortably warm.
It's been my idea to start hiking a lot, but Abe has wholeheartedly and enthusiastically joined in the fun.  I think it's my way of coping with Clark's absence.  He really got into hiking about 8 months before he left on his mission.  He took me on one of his hikes with him and it was tough for me.  The seed was planted and I thought about it for many months before deciding this was how I wanted to spend the summer.
It's been nice to occasionally leave Peter and Greta at home with a sitter so we can go faster with these guys.  Bethany hasn't gotten in on most of the hikes just because she keeps a pretty busy schedule with work and play practices.  Hopefully as the summer goes on, we'll catch her a few times. 

No comments: