Sunday, June 3, 2018

A Little Bit of Everything

She said she wanted to get a job... so she got a job!
Meet the newest employee at our local Papa Murphy's Pizza!!!  Yep, the same place where Clark and Bethany got their first jobs. 
I wasn't actually super keen on her getting a job this early-- she just turned 15 in February, but it's hard to argue with a kid who wants to work hard, be independent, and buy things with their own money. 
We put together her schedule for the whole summer with every possible available day and time.  I'm sort of super impressed with myself that I am organized to do that before the summer even begins.  And I'm sort of super depressed that the summer is so planned out that I could tell you on any given day and time who is available to be where. 
The boss was impressed and told Elinor to go home and get her food handlers permit.  That was on Tuesday and her first day of work was on Thursday.  Bada-boom-bada-bing!  You go, Elinor!
In the meantime, I totally burned my elbow on my rice cooker.  Yes, it was very painful afterwards.  Sadly, it wasn't at all painful while it was burning!  Which leads me to believe there is some truth to the rumor that you cannot feel someone licking your elbow.  I understand there is some sick, twisted game of trying to lick another's elbow undetected.  I can attest the nerves aren't very sensitive on one's elbow, because I didn't feel a thing until the skin was gone. 
 In other upsetting natural phenomenons... our cat had kittens.  She did in fact have them on Memorial Day Evening-- just as I suspected.  Whether it was getting disturbed by my brother's dog, or it was just her time, "The Cat" gave birth to three little kittens.  One of them is already claimed.  Don't miss your chance to own some of the demented magic that this particular set of feline genes can bring into your home!
In good news, The Cat does appear to be a good mommy cat thus far. 
Greta loves wearing safety glasses around the house.  She's had a spunky streak lately.
Bethany (and Jacob) are in a play called Swing this summer.  It has a lot of swing dancing and they've been practicing lifts.  It's best if I don't watch them practice😬
One day last week we needed to get out of the house.  A trip to the library, a stop at the pizza store, and hammocks in the park were just what we needed.  And it was really good once the arguing over who got to put which hammock where was worked out. 
You know when they all pick their own books, there is going to be some...*cough... less than educational reading selections.  Whatever.  They're reading.  Cannon and Faith are going through Captain Awesome and Baby Mouse series again.  Whatever.  It's summer.
Oh, yummy!
Oh, joy of summer.
Higher, George!
On a recent evening walk we spotted a snake early on.  Much to Peter's distress, George caught it first.  We heard about the injustice for the rest of the walk.  Sigh.
This morning said snake bit Peter while Peter was handling it.  That makes 7 of the 8 kids that have been bitten by snakes.  That's the way we roll.  The disgusting, horrifying way we roll.  Only little Greta is left. 
Her time will come, no doubt.
 I think Peter is trying to be happy for George.   Or he is plotting George's demise. 

No comments: