Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018-- Part 2

In addition to observing Memorial Day, we celebrating our favorite 10 year old on the planet's birthday!!!! Happy birthday, Cannon!  We adore you!
The five of us left the rest of the gang at our house and we enjoyed an absolutely heavenly, perfect hike up Rose Canyon.  This is Clark's favorite stomping/hiking grounds.  What we did wasn't at all challenging, but it was delightful and rejuvenating. 
Abe and Chip-- our fearless hiking leaders.
Laura and I.
And then, as if this Memorial Day couldn't get any better, we enjoyed our traditional cookout in the park with our good friends, the Butterfields.
It was slightly chillier than I would have liked, but it wasn't a problem.  It also wasn't a problem that we forgot to bring the hot dog buns from home-- bunless hotdogs all around!
I think these two will sleep well tonight.
The girls got hammocks for Christmas and already, they are well worth the money spent. 
What can I say, laying in a hammock makes me feel "peaceful".
The little ones are good for the big ones.  And the big ones are so good for the little ones.
I was surprised the park wasn't more crowded-- we had it pretty much to ourselves.
Bethany and Connor doing hammock tricks.
Greta found her happy place.
 Faith hanging upside down in her hammock and I'm in the hammock underneath.
Poor George got a touch of motion sickness from too much hammock time.
We got a pretty good game of four square going.  I don't know why my stance is quite so serious.  And I played kind of mean, which I feel kind of bad about.  But it was still quite fun for all ages.  Even little Peter and Greta got to have turns. 

No comments: