Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Living the Good Life

Although he does have a 10th birthday coming up soon, this evening was just for fun.  Cannon invited his gang over to roast hot dogs and play games.
My goodness.  A group of boys certainly play differently than girls.  Such violence.  Such yelling.  They got out Clark's cache of weapons and had at it.  I think they were having fun.  Sometimes it was hard to tell.
I sure do enjoy this group of boys and I think it will be great fun to watch them grow up.
George has a delightful gang as well.  There is a LOT of bike riding around our neighborhood.
And lest Peter get left behind (note:  Peter NEVER gets left behind), He had a play date of his own with his buddy Adam.  I adore this picture and I realize that in about 10 years they will both be mortified to see it.  But seriously, how cute are they?  Peter is pretty tall for his age.  They are roughly 5 months apart in age.
Elinor and friends at a recent game night.  Three of the girls pictured here had dads who were among the 12 brothers in Joseph recently.
We had one of our treasured Sunday night game nights with the Johansens this week.  We have gathered together for almost 11 years and it is as much fun, if not more so than ever!
These girls were so little when we met and now Kara (top left) is headed to Argentina on a mission in July.  WHAT THE HECK??  It's so awesome.
The moms even got in on the outdoor game action!  It was Shark Attack.  There was some concern on the part of the teenagers that if I played they might be traumatized by having to watch me run.
RUDE!
I don't know... I like to think Michelle and I made a valuable contribution to the group dynamic-- in that we made everyone else look remarkably quick and agile.
Other beloved neighbors passed by and joined the festivities for a bit... and my cup runneth over.  I felt very rich indeed.
Faith and Tristin-- the spunkiest, silliest, sweetest old chums we know.
Channeling their inner 80's girl, they walked their cute selves to the library this afternoon. 

I am so thankful for good friends for Abe and I and for our children.  They make the journey of life so much more enjoyable.
"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
                                                                     --Elbert Hubbard

No comments: