Saturday, April 28, 2018

Tulip Festival 2018

My favorite picture of the week.  
I admit that I feel a little out of my league with all these boys.  I don't think like a boy.  I don't entirely understand boys.  I like them a lot, but they scare me a little at the same time.  In some ways boys seem so much simpler.  So then I'm left thinking, "Is that it?  That's all I have to do with them?  I must be missing something?"
No, I'm pretty sure you get what you see with boys.  I suppose it is refreshing.  Perhaps I'm overthinking this whole raising boy thing.  
Ready, set, roll!
Rolling down a big grassy hill-- a chief joy of childhood.  
Faith got going so fast she seemed to catch air!
I like how this picture makes it look like we were the only ones there.  
Not true.  It was unpleasantly crowded.  And windy and hello ALLERGY ATTACK!  Okay, now I'm just complaining.  
Oh, and one more thing.  I'm sorry to say it, but this was the most disappointing year of tulips  There was a snowstorm a couple weeks back and I think it did damage to the tulips.  Many of them were wilted and struggling.
Sadness.
My dream of a date to the Tulip Festival with Abe and Abe alone will have to wait for another year. 
We missed Elinor in our girls picture.  She was off hanging out with a water polo friend after her game.  
Cute little Greta waving at some older ladies who were waving at her.
When one sees giant wooden shoes, one must sit in them.
Well, they are well-trained to take family pictures.  I'll give them that.

No comments: