Wednesday, July 15, 2020

All That is Simple and Good

I know I'm not the only one who is feeling discouraged these days.  Covid19, social unrest, social distancing, politics, mask-shaming, traditions cancelled.  Blah.  Sometimes A lot of times I feel anxious and frustrated.  I haven't been as regular about keeping up on my blog, which really doesn't negatively affect anyone but me, because I really enjoy keeping this family record.  So this afternoon, it's just me and the blog looking back at the last few weeks and all the good times.  Are there some not-so-good times as well?  Sure.  But I think I've dwelt on the negative quite enough.  This time is to count the blessings.  
Outdoor summer play dates with your best friends.  Lots of time this summer for small gatherings.
Deacons Quorum Nerf gun battle.
Date night dinner and games in the park.
Sisters double date

Friends enjoying a cookout in the backyard.
Our cat that WE SERIOUSLY LOVE!!!  It seems to genuinely enjoy us as well.  
It cuddles with us all the time.  I did not know there were cats like this in the world.  We can't get over how different Mushu (pictured above) is from "The Cat" (RIP)
Is this enough pictures of our cat?  It's just so nice.  And so tolerant.  
There is a special bond between Greta and George.  
Park Explorers: Skate Park Edition
While Greta goes to her gymnastics classes, the boys and I go check out the skate parks in the nearby cities.  So far, Riverton is still our favorite.
Faith has gotten to do a couple swim meets and she is dropping time in her butterfly and freestyle-- which she is thrilled about.
Faith put in a lot of work to fill in and flatten out "The Hole" in the backyard.  She also cleaned out the corner of the yard where the chicken coop used to be.  She and Abe planted some flowers and it's all quite an improvement.  Faith is one hardworking, determined little thing!
Shaved ice for the hard workers.
That little cutie in back on the right got baptized a few weeks back and we got to join in the celebration!  
It wasn't a huge gathering, but it was lovely to get to be together.
 It's a blurry picture, but it's got my favorite people in the world and we're eating the best summer meal-- hamburgers, watermelon, and corn-on-the-cob.  Yes, please!
Family hiking-- just can't get enough!


A birthday dinner for me with Daniel and Lori-- our longest and still most fun double dating partners.
Not a terribly inspiring, but between a sprinkler, a trampoline, a play structure, a kiddie wading pool, a couple squirt guns, and good friends, we're handling summer in the backyard just fine. 

No comments: