Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Father's Day and Family Dinner

We went to church on Father's Day for the first time since the middle of March!  Darn COVID!  It was nice to be at church.  The Spirit is the Spirit.  Taking the Sacrament, singing the hymns, hearing a great talk.  All really good stuff.  And at the same time, it was sad and empty and we missed seeing our friends and neighbors.  I'll be going again next week to play the organ.  I guess under the current circumstances I prefer church at home-- only because now that we're kind of used to it, it feels more normal than a mostly empty chapel with very limited contact among friends.
A picture of Abe with his fan club.   Who knew our genes would combine so well!
We hosted a family dinner with my extended family Sunday evening.  We haven't seen my dad since the middle of March-- he and Bev are being very cautious (understandably so).  It was great to have him with us for the evening.  And of course, we love anytime we can get Clark for a visit. 
We celebrated Chloe's 5th birthday with cake and cousins.



The older kids don't have much by way of Cannon cousins that are close in age, but the younger certainly do and they love them!
My brother got a couple of commercial grade electric scooter and he brought them to the dinner.  They were the hit of the party!
Grandpa even got in on the action!
And yours truly.  And you know what?  It was outrageously fun and I can't stop thinking of when will be the next time I can go for a ride.
My siblings and I.  We're all busy with kids and jobs and life.  I am grateful to have them-- even if we don't get together as often as we'd like.
Another fun thing from this weekend was getting a weed whacker.  We have been in dire need of a functioning weed whacker for quite some time-- as the weeds in our front yard and all along our back yard fence line have attested.  Anyway, we're feeling pretty good about it.
Greta with her real live kitty in a stroller.  JOY!! Have I mentioned that kitties are her favorite thing?

No comments: