Monday, January 3, 2022

Christmas Day to New Years

 

Abe is so big on tradition, that I think if I looked back, I would find almost identical pictures of each Christmas event year after year.  This is the picture of him cooking his British fried breakfast.

This is the picture of Abe sitting down to feast on his breakfast.
This is the picture of all of us feasting.  I'm not terribly sentimental, so I am grateful that Abe is so good about creating and recreating meaningful traditions.
I love this picture of Greta on Christmas morning-- it  really capture the essence of Greta.
As does this picture:)  I often think how much Greta must enjoy being herself.  
Her mind is a very happy place to live.
The four of us did a musical number in church the day after Christmas-- "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".  Listen to a rehearsal HERE.  The actual number in church was markedly better for all of us, but I'm glad we have this.

We enjoyed dinner and time with Baden and Mary's family Sunday evening.

Mary and I worked a bit of my most prized puzzle-- a Jane Austen scene.  It was a moms only puzzle.  I'm selfish like that.
Tuesday night was a family highlight-- we all (plus Elinor's friend, Brandon) went to see West Side Story.  So good.  SO GOOD.  SO GOOD! If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.  And invite me to go with you, because I want to go see it again!  We all loved so much about it, but the "Officer Krupke" was so entertaining and the whole movie was so well done.  
Abe and the boys went to see the new Spider-Man movie.  They all enjoyed it.
A Fox siblings dinner is always an enjoyable evening.
On another of the big snowstorm days, Greta enjoyed helping shovel driveways in the neighborhood.  Then a bunch of the neighborhood kids went sledding at Wardle Fields.
I like how the young men get out shoveling when it snows.
Flynn/Millers joined us for New Years Eve games and revelry.  It's always great for Bethany and Raven to reunite.
A little Code Names
Greta loves when Clark is around
The Great Dalmuti
Despite several of us being under the weather, Sunday was a really wonderful day.  I taught Gospel Doctrine class, Bethany had her Stake President interview for her mission and her papers are officially submitted, and most importantly, George was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood and Cannon was ordained a Teacher,  So wonderful!
And believe it or not, I think I'm pretty well caught up with life (on the blog, at least). It was a very full holiday season and as always, I'm more than happy to welcome January and the calmer pace of life it brings.  Happy New Year!

No comments: