Sunday, March 27, 2022

Happy Sweet Sixteen, Faith!

 

I took this picture of Faith and me one week before her 16th birthday.  It was 4:45 am and we were headed to swim practice in Lehi.  I felt like I look and she felt like she looks.  I took it because it was almost the end of an era.  The end of Abe and I driving her to swim practices.  Understandably, we've never been so happy for a child of ours to get their license.   

She's delightful, and we've treasured our time (morning and afternoons) with her.  But even so...
You better believe that at 8:30 ON HER BIRTHDAY we were at the DMV getting her license!
She had a fun time going with several swim team friends to an escape room.  Such fun girls!
You know those traditions that get started for no particular reason, and they just stick?  That's what a birthday lunch at IKEA is for Faith and me.  
Here are Faith and Cannon driving by themselves to swim and dance in Lehi.  I called her birthday my Driving Liberation Day!
Abe put this little collage together of milestone birthdays for Faith-- blessing day, baptism picture age 8, first time going to the temple age 12, and 16th birthday.  Now that she can drive, I'd like time to freeze.
Faith's most recent spring photo with her daffodils.
THIS!  A picture of Faith with each family member.  I couldn't possibly pick a favorite of these pictures.  
A couple weeks back Faith was awarded the "Most Dedicated" female swimmer at Riverton High School at the end-of-season banquet.  Could not have gone to a more deserving girl!
Only five girls lettered, which basically means they medaled at Regions and/or competed on the state team.  Faith did both:)
The team picture
I am so grateful to have Faith in our family.  I could list a hundred positive adjectives to describe her, but the short of it is, she is perfectly named.  She believes and she acts to make things happen.  I admire her in so many ways.  Faith does move mountains.  Happy birthday, my love!

No comments: