Sunday, March 6, 2022

Seven Brothers and Billy Joel

 

For a good number of years, the seven Fox brothers have met up for the annual Brothers' Retreat in February.  The last several gatherings have been in Las Vegas.  Besides the obvious reasons-- being that they thoroughly enjoy one another's company and want to maintain relationships-- the stated purpose is to geek out, uninterrupted by family and work responsibilities, on Dungeons &Dragons for 4 days.  

They did get out of the condo to go out to eat, play a little Top Golf, and go for a hike.
What made this year especially exciting was all seven of them getting to go to the Billy Joel concert.  You may or may not be aware that Abe has been the world's biggest Billy Joel fan since he discovered him at the tender age of 11 (maybe 12).  He knows every album, every lyric, what was happening in Billy's life when each album came out.  He listens to Billy Joel on the regular.  He has taught all our children to appreciate Billy as well.  So you can imagine Abe's glee when he found out Billy would be performing in Las Vegas when the brothers had their trip planned for.
Phil (brother #6) and his wife Katie made them matching shirts for the occasion.  
And now for my favorite picture ever of the boys.  I especially like Jesse's hip bump.
They did say Billy was getting up there in years and they preferred for him to just stay seated at the piano rather than getting up and trying to move around the stage.  
I think I've shared this before but it cracks me up--Abe is a perfect mix of William Riker (Star Trek) and Billy Joel.  You see it, right?
Abe with each of his brothers.  Stories have been passed down about how their mother handled the stresses of 7 boys and 2 girls.  I'm sure there were a lot of days that it didn't look very good.  Perhaps I speak from some experience of my own.  But look what a blessing they are to each other as they've grown up and have families of their own.  I don't know of much that would make my heart happier than to have my children love and support each other the way the Fox siblings do.

No comments: