Sunday, May 1, 2022

Easter Weekend 2022

In the famous words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Fact.  

Stopping and looking around every once in a while could mean lots of things-- one of the ways I like to stop and look around is by writing this blog.  If I don't record life happenings, I very likely will miss them.  And I'll tell you what-- life has been moving very quickly as of late!

The day before Easter Abe took the kids over to the city park for a little city Easter celebration.  Not exactly the true meaning of Easter, but kind of fun.


Then we hiked Battle Creek Falls.  Faith's swim friend Anya joined us.  This was our first time doing this hike and it was great-- very accessible and not too challenging.  I just wished it was a little longer:)


Also, that same day, Faith had her club swim team's awards night.  She was honored for being part of the senior team that competed at state and she was awarded "Best Attitude".  I think the award was well placed.
Easter Sunday with the family-- or at least part of the family:) 
Sister Fox and Sister Hill in Fort Worth Texas.  They are well cared for by the members of their wards.  She is doing so well and it is a joy to pray for her each day and talk to her each week.  Her companion plays the piano beautifully and together they've loved sharing their testimonies through music.  This coming Friday evening they are putting on a "Night of Music" at their church building, in which they will perform a whole fireside of songs about the Savior.  I think they will Zoom it so hopefully, we'll be able to watch it too.  
Greta and her best friend Aly in their Easter dresses.
I like George's expression:)
The beloved foil-wrapped chocolate egg hunt.  It's so simple and quick, but such fun.
You never outgrow it:)
We got a few new games for Easter--Gnoming Around, The Bears and the Bees, and Nuts about Mutts.  George is cracking up in this picture because he had accidentally called his game Nuts about Butts.  As you can imagine we all had a pretty good laugh.  
We had my family over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt Sunday evening.
There was a round for the older kiddos too.
If there is a collecting game to be had, George will be a player!
Now, dear friends, I must tell you that there was WAY more happening this weekend than I am at liberty to write about here and now.  Fear not, I will share more later.  Do not be alarmed, everyone is healthy and happy-- just some unexpected changes that caught us by surprise:) Mostly, I want to share how grateful I am for Jesus Christ and what he did to redeem us from sin and death.  What he did to help us become more than what we currently are.  What he did to take away the sting of death and allow us to be together as families forever.  Because of him,  no pain is permanent. I am so thankful to him.

No comments: