Thursday, February 23, 2023

Abe Astair and Betsy Rogers

 

Thanks to my dear Andrea and her expert instruction we hosted a ward activity just before Valentine's Day-- Vintage Dancing!

We had a great turn out and an excellent time was had by all.  Cannon was one of the few youth that came, and afterwards, he said, "I was a doubter, but that actually was really fun."  So there you have it.
There was one unfortunate incident, when in our dancing exuberance, Abe elbowed my in the forehead and I got an immediate and quite painful goose egg.  Small price to pay:)
On Valentine's day we got to do more dancing!   Andrea hosted an evening of dinner and dance instruction.  Abe and I like to joke that a couples social dance class we signed up for at BYU was nearly the death of our marriage right when we got started.  Something about the class and dancing together just didn't work for us.  Well, it wasn't the class, it was us.  We quickly decided we had better drop the class for our marriage's sake.  So this evening of dancing together and enjoying it SO MUCH was 25 years and lots of living in the making.  I guess we're both (mostly me) a little easier to work with than we used to be.
So much fun and we weren't too shabby.  In this picture, the instructor is using me to demonstrate.  
Good friends are the best.
And speaking of dances, Faith (the girl in the middle) had a really fun time at the Sweethearts dance for Skyridge High School.  Not her high school, but since she is homeschooled, she doesn't much care what school it was for.  She went with a group of swim friends and her date Jan (pronounced "yawn") is an exchange student from Switzerland.  He speaks German and some English.  He is on her Lehi Aquatics team.
Behold, the corsage and boutonniere yours truly procured the day of the dance because the homeschooler and the foreign exchange student didn't get the memo of how these things are customarily done.  And, if I may say, I accomplished said task even while being "not highly favored" by said homeschooler.  Go me. #momsareawesomelikethat





No comments: