Wednesday, September 18, 2019

The Rest of the Long Story

Hello Friends.  When last we met I was telling you about me bawling my eyes out over dropping Bethany off at college at BYU- Idaho.  Here's a little update:  Three days into classes and she is slaying this college thing.  Specifically, she only missed half a point on the music theory test she needed to take to get into a musicianship class.  So yeah, I think she's doing just fine.  I have cried more than she has, so that seems healthy. 
I wasn't the one who actually helped her move into her apartment and took her to Walmart to buy her groceries. 
That honor goes to this beautiful lady-- Rebecca.  By the way, I have had wonderful women named Rebecca in my life.  Why did I not name a child Rebecca?  I hope to have a granddaughter someday named Rebecca.  But I digress. 
Many month ago Abe and I made plans with friends to go to Las Vegas to see the Donny and Marie show before it closes in November.  Come to find out, our tickets were for the very day Bethany needed to move into her apartment.  It was devastated and determined that I wouldn't be able to go to Vegas with Abe our friends.  Abe said, "No WAIT! (he does love his Donny and Marie after all).  We can figure out a solution". 
He started sending messages and making phone calls.  In the end, it was arranged that I would take Bethany up to Rexburg a couple days early and we'd stay in hotel one night.  Then I would drop her off at Rebecca's house in Idaho Falls to stay for one night.  Rebecca was already planning to host Moses (Bethany's 2nd cousin on Abe's side) whose family lives in Mozambique with the State Department.  Moses's family and their family are close family friends for generations.  So she kindly offered to host and take both Bethany and Moses to Rexburg and get them situated.   
Bethany adores Moses and was happy to get to hang out with her fellow cousin and fellow freshman.  Here they are in front of Moses's apartment.
That's kind of a long explanation for this wonderfully kind deed.  I was still rather uncomfortable-- just because I didn't know Rebecca at all and I was already a mess about leaving Bethany.  Thanks to Facebook mutual friends, I was so happy to learn that Rebecca went to jr. high and high school and was close friends with my very favorite cousin and his wife.  And then to make the connection even more interesting-- her niece and her niece's husband are the managers of Bethany's apartment complex.  In the end, Bethany felt very comfortable with Rebecca's family and everything worked out perfectly.  I am so thankful!
She sent us this picture of her and her roommate preparing these gourmet hamburgers.  Good to know she is still eating:)
Dressing up with roommates.  I don't know the story and frankly, I'm not sure I want to know the whole story of why she is dressed as Pete's Dragon.  But either way, it's good to see she is still having fun:)

No comments: