Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February is Fun?

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm loving February!  If you've known me for very long, you may recall that in years past I haven't enjoyed this month very much-- it is the month we've experienced the loss of my mom and our daughter Tessa.  It's the end of winter and the cold and dark isn't nearly as cute and cozy as it was in December.  

Thankfully this month is booked solid with so many fun activities, that I haven't had a chance to feel down as I sometimes do this time of year.  Who knew February could be enjoyed-- not just endured?  This is good news, indeed.

In my previous post, I shared my adventures in California with the Foxy sisters-in-law.  So fun!  

Cute little Peter (he wouldn't like me to call him that, but it's true!) officially lost his first tooth.  Last year he had his two bottom teeth pulled by the dentist, but I don't think that really counts.  This front tooth he worked for and wiggled himself.  And I would like it noted that the tooth fairy (who identifies as male in this house) arrived on the very first night!  Pretty impressive for child number 7:)
Bethany took this fun picture of Greta.
Clark scored five tickets to a UVU basketball, including food vouchers through his work.  These guys made a boys' night of it.  
Apparently, Willy was Wolverine was very smelly.  Perhaps his fur has not been washed in some time.  
Several weeks ago Clark took all three of "The Little Brothers" to a Heroscape tournament on a Saturday afternoon.  He's mentioned a couple times since how much he enjoyed doing that with them.  I enjoy the dynamic of our family in that there is a group of girls together with one little one at the end.  And there is a group of boys together with one big one at the top.  I am hopeful that they will all be a support to each other as they grow up.  
I really admire the support the comradery that Abe and his siblings have.  Here are the Utah Foxes on ab birthday lunch with their younger sister Marjorie.
One more because it makes my heart happy to see them all together.  
This past weekend we joined James and Andrea at Stratford Ranch in Avon, Utah for some serious winter fun.  We love going to the ranch in the summer, but after this weekend, we're not sure which is more fun-- the summer or the winter?
We all went snowmobiling for the first time!!  I guess Abe and Bethany had ridden ones before, but it was a first for the rest of us.  SO MUCH FUN!!!!!
It was just so beautiful and so much fun and of course, Andrea and James are so kind and generous to welcome us all up there.  We are a loud, disruptive group, and to be totally honest, we sort of invite ourselves:)  Stratford Ranch has become a special place to our family where we've made wonderful, happy memories with dear friends.  We are so thankful for their hospitality.
Love this picture of Faith.  
Everyone else wore snow pants and boots, whereas Faith wore only sweatpants and tennis shoes.  However, since her usual winter clothing is a swimsuit, athletic shorts, and sandals, I suppose this was really bundling up for her. 

While we were up in Cache Valley, Bethany and Elinor both enjoyed getting to spend some time with their Utah State friends as well.  
Look at that blue sky with the white snow!  So pretty!


Besides snowmobiling, I also ate an elk burger for the first time.  IT WAS AMAZING!!!! So, so yummy!  James shot this elk on the property very near to theirs.  So, you know, it doesn't get much more local than that!
This is how Greta felt about George making her a kitty necklace.
And to add to the gloriousness of the weekend-- the Olympics were on!  It doesn't get much than that.
I adore this picture.
As much as I loved the snowmobiling-- and I did LOVE it-- this was actually my favorite adventure of the weekend.  Andrea and I went snowshoeing.  I've wanted to snowshoe for a long time and now I have.  It's winter hiking and I loved it! 
Next up I want to go cross country skiing.  Then I want to raft through the Grand Canyon.  I suppose cross country skiing is more accessible and feasible, but someday I want to do both:)
Our delicious Stratford steak dinner. 
These two will miss each other when Bethany leaves.
Ha ha!  Thankfully, driving the van out of the ranch was less eventful than it was driving it up (pictured here).  The mega van is not so good on snowy roads.  
We came away refreshed and relaxed.  Everyone was in agreement-- it was a most excellent weekend.

No comments: