Monday, August 15, 2022

Foxes Leave Glacier-- Sadness

 

We were sad to leave Glacier, because, as I have said here and to anyone I've spoken to since the trip, it was just so beautiful.  We didn't have time to do even close to what we would like to do, so we WILL be back.  Thankfully, we had a fun day of adventures planned for the journey over to Spokane, that helped soften the blow of departure.

First up was the Kootenai Swinging Bridge.  Most of us thought it was really cool.  Well, actually, all of us thought it was really cool, but some of us were more comfortable walking across it than others.  

Would you believe the uncomfortable one wasn't me?  Turns out Abe's fear of heights trumps my fear of bridges.  And actually, my fear of bridges is really only in play when I'm in a car driving across a bridge.  And even at that, I think I'm getting over it.  Or the anxiety meds are working.  It's very hard to say;)  Abe was the last one to brave the journey across and back and you know the rest of us were absolutely cracking up watching his nervous little run  across the bridge.
Family trips are pretty great:)
Happy days.
Then we hiked a little ways upriver to the Kootenai Falls.  The water was cold--- like, freshly melted off a glacier cold.
Did that stop us from taking a dip?  Discussions about which spot to brave a cold dunk in the river.  Note that Peter is wet because he'd already bested his older brothers and gotten in.
Father and son congratulating themselves on their polar feat.
Cannon's turn.
I adore this picture of Faith.
You know it's cold when the swimmer girl is hesitant.
Sisters help sisters be brave.

Even yours truly took a full dunk.
We were pretending to be lizards and basking to warm up.


Everyone was a fan of Kootenai Falls.
Next stop on our way to Spokane was Ross Creek Ancient Cedars Grove.  So peaceful and quiet.  It was the perfect setting of a fairy tale forest.
Peter and Greta discovered nature's biggest and best teeter-totter.  I have a great video I will try to post later.

Abe and Betsy sittin' in a tree.... K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Now we need to go see the Redwoods in California.  Hopefully that will be our next family trip.

No comments: