Sunday, November 6, 2022

Good Things October

Well, friends, October has come and gone.  It was a good month.  I think most people would agree that October is a good month.  The arrival of fall, the leaves turning color, the Halloween festivities.  Around our house, October is serious Nutcracker season, and we are dashing to all sorts of extra rehearsals. The fun holiday traditions begin and continue for three straight months.  I really haven't taken the time to do much blogging lately.  This is unfortunate because there has been a lot going on and now I'm further behind than I'd prefer.  But thankfully, I have an open Sunday afternoon before me and I intend to blog to my heart's content.
Abe took the kiddos to Gardner Village to see the witches.  For reasons I do not recall at the moment, I did not go with them.  I stayed home by myself. But, I do recall that it was heavenly to be left home alone for a little while.  

It wasn't the 4th of July, but the giant painted flag makes a striking backdrop, even in October.
Peter and Greta and I had such a good time at the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point.  I liked the Sasquatch scarecrow.
This was my very favorite display.  Ha ha ha, people are so clever!
Faith was so happy to join her bestie Anya and her family on a fall break trip to Bryce Canyon National Park.  It was so kind of them to invite her and she had the best time.  People are so generous.
Lucky girl!
These five kiddos and I were especially lucky to join Andrea and James in seeing The Lion King at the Eccles theater.  It was quite the spectacle.  The only other time we'd seen this play was when my niece's middle school did it and she was Rafiki.  And although she was SPECTACULAR, (I'm not just saying that because I am her aunt, she really was incredible), it did leave something to be desired.  There was nothing left to be desired after this production-- it was awesome!
People are so talented!
Here is a picture of a recent Nutcracker rehearsal with Central Utah Ballet.  The show runs November 8-10 at the Covey Center in Provo.  It will be so beautiful!
Cannon has grown SO MUCH since last year!  His mommy thinks he will make such a handsome Nutcracker Prince! 
George is in a Maker Space class down at Thanksgiving Point.  This class is right up his alley.  He can let his creativity run amok with as many tools and supplies and creative workspace as he needs.  Parents were invited to come in at the end of the class before Halloween to see what haunted creations they made.
This illusion is called "Pepper's Ghost".  I don't really understand it, but George did:)
Greta and I went to the most enjoyable concert shortly before Halloween.  It was "Halloween at Hogwarts" performed by the Timpanogas Symphony Orchestra.  All the performers were dressed in fabulous costumes and they played music from Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Avatar.  The conductors wore really detailed costumes based on the music they were conducting.  If you want kids to like going to the symphony-- THIS is how you do it!  We will be back for next year's concert. Here, Darth Sidious was conducting with a mini lightsaber.  
Greta's violin teacher, Diane Peterson, played in the symphony.  She is a wonderful teacher and Greta is really flourishing working with her.  
Faith and her swim girlfriends went to Sadie's for Skyridge High School.  She's a homeschooler who swims for Riverton High School, swims club for Lehi Aquatic and goes to football games and dances at Skyridge.  It works for her.  Her date was a fellow Lehi swimmer (soon to be BYU swimmer) Bryce.
Greta gave me a "Spa Day" recently.  She brushed my hair and rubbed lotion on my feet and legs and it really was so lovely and relaxing.

No comments: