Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday, October 30, 2022

 

In very exciting, and somewhat overwhelming news, I have recently been called to be the Young Women's president in our ward.  

Wow, Betsy!  That seems like a lot.  How are you going to manage that responsibility?  

What an excellent question.  I've asked that very question myself.  The answer is, with God all things are possible. Enter this remarkable group of ladies that will make up the presidency with me.  Together we will counsel together and pray and ask God to help us help the young women in our ward to come closer to Christ.  It will be a learning experience for all and I'm sure there will be tears and smiles and fun and frustrations and growth.  I am grateful to have these good women by my side.  And I'm grateful to have this time with Faith as she finishes up her time in the young women's program.

Our wonderful friend, Ben Johansen had his mission farewell last Sunday as well.  I wasn't able to go down, but the rest of the gang went to say goodbye and Godspeed.

While I had my first Sunday afternoon of meetings, Abe and the kiddos carved pumpkins.




Those are some fine jack 'o lanterns you have there.
Top L to R:  Betsy, Abe, George, Faith
Middle:  Bethany, Brandon, Elinor, Cannon, Tessa
Bottom:   Greta, Peter, Clark (Weezer not Wonderwoman)
Abe carved mine, his, Peter's & Bethany's. George carved his, Faith's & Greta's.  Cannon carved his and Tessa's.  And Clark, Elinor & Brandon showed up and carved their own!
How many Halloween costumes do you do every year?  
Well, that depends on how many Halloween events we have to attend:)  We have a large collection to choose from.
We hosted a Cannon family Halloween dinner/party on Sunday evening.  Everyone brought soups to share, so it was an easy host.  We all dressed up and played Halloween games and just had a marvelously fun time together. 
We sang happy birthday to Kaylee and Uncle Matt.
Cousins round of musical chairs was a hit!  There was controversy regarding a call involving Cannon and Rosalie.  Lucky for Rosalie, there was video evidence from two different angles proving Rosalie had two bum cheeks on the chair before Cannon pushed her off.  He tried to argue, but all the judges sided with Rosalie. You be the judge
I love this of Aliyah begging forgiveness from Greta for besting her.  No need to apologize for playing the game!
How cute is this of Takara's two younger sisters exuberantly hugging her after her big win-- love, love, love!
It came down to the four of us-- three of the siblings and Laura.
And then there were two...
Seriously, what is wrong with me?  Why can't I be a lovely, gracious winner?  Alas, this has been going on my whole life.  How do I even have any friends at all?
The cousins all lined up for the handless donut eating contest.

1st place to Eli-- 2nd place to Brigham---- 3rd place to Aliyah!
To wrap up the evening, Cannon read scary ghost stories to the cousins.  He is quite an entertaining lad.
I hope to repeat the Halloween family dinner next year and for many years to come.  

No comments: