Sunday, November 6, 2022

The Spooky Scary Recital 2022

(To be read in a terrible, harsh German accent) Hello.  My name is Ludwig Van Beethoven and I teach the children to play the piano.  Welcome to the Spooky Scary Halloween Piano Recital!

What do you think?  Could I pass for Beethoven?
We had too much fun at our first-ever Halloween recital!
Click here to hear the ninja play
Click here to hear the BYU football player play
Click here to hear Schroeder play


Rivals and best friends.
For Halloween, Dallas joined George and Oliver as MIB agents.  But for the recital, he was coming right from a game, so he came as a sweaty basketball player:)
Fox cousins Hallie and Grace started lessons with me in September and they've been so fun to teach!
The Cannon family cousins.  I teach all but two of them in this picture.  I love my job!
Peter, Graham, and Eric
I couldn't let the kids have all the fun-- so I played a piece as well.  "This is Halloween".  It's not that I love performing, in fact, I don't.  It's pretty nerve-wracking.  But I do love practicing and improving, and I am far more likely to practice well when there is the threat of a looming public performance.  So I make myself do it anyway. There are plenty of mistakes, but I can be brave, like the kids.  Click here to hear Beethoven play
We do have a good time and it is so enjoyable watching them all progress and enjoy the process.
After the recital, we had a few neighborhood friends over to eat popcorn and watch old Scooby-Doo episodes.  
As far as I'm concerned, that is really living!
When it got a little too spooky, the little girls came upstairs to color and draw.  I love a houseful of kids playing and having fun.  It was a very good day.

No comments: