Friday, November 29, 2019

Happy Nutcrackering To All!


'Tis the season to be in The Nutcracker!  Cannon and George have been so busy running to an from various Nutcracker rehearsals, in addition to their regular classes.  They didn't do the professional Ballet West production downtown this year.  Which was sort of really wonderful to not have those rehearsals in the schedule, and also sort of sad and we've missed being a part of that magical show.  Hopefully next year we will be back.  Instead, they were in the Ballet West Academy production in Provo this past weekend and they will be in a Oquirrh Mountain Ballet's community production here in a couple of weeks. 
This past weekend with BWA, Cannon was Fritz and a lead Russian dancer.  George was a party boy and and Bon-Bon.
For Oquirrh Mountain Ballet, Cannon will be the Nutcracker Prince, and George will be a party boy and a mouse.
The good thing is they love it!  Besides occasional mentions of sore feet, and walking like old men when they get up in the morning, they are quite tough and don't complain.  And I am especially impressed with their responsibility in organizing their dance equipment and clothing and packing their lunches or dinners for really long rehearsal days.  So basically, ballet is doing just what I hoped it would for them.
Abe and I and the older girls enjoyed a lovely evening at the ballet together.  It is an understatement to say I can't believe our good fortune in having such delightful young ladies in our family.  Bethany arrived home from school for the Thanksgiving break on Tuesday evening.
We felt so fancy going out to eat at Chick-Fil-A before the ballet (it rhymes!).
Once again, I can't begin to tell you how happy it makes me to see their beautiful faces smiling together. 
 Peter and Greta played at my cousins' house in Provo during the show.  The same cousin who welcomed Cannon and George to crash on their couch after the first night's show so I didn't have to drive them back down for an 8:30 am call time.  That was so nice of them on both counts.
A little blurry, but no matter.  It was a perfect evening with my favorite people.  The first night I went to the show by myself and as soon as the lights went down and the magical Nutcracker music began, I knew that was a sound that would bring me joy for the rest of my days.  It's Christmas, it's my boys, its the reward for a lot of hard work and commitment, it's time with family enjoying the season.  I never would have guessed what a special place The Nutcracker would have in my heart. 

No comments: