Saturday, November 2, 2019

Water Polo Wrap Up Fall 2019

The high school fall water polo season wrapped up last weekend.  Elinor played on both the Varsity team and the JV teams.  This picture is the Varsity team that took third place in the tournament. 
The JV team won the championship!  
Her varsity team voted her the sportsmanship award for the season.  
It was a good season with lots of improvement and lessons learned.  
Faith finished her 14 and Under water polo season this morning.  Her team didn't place quite so well in the tournament... but no matter!  It was great fun to watch Faith further figure out the game and enjoy it so much.  
The 14U team was co-ed and quite a big team.  There is a lot of cross over between the teams-- kids playing 14U, JV, and Varsity.  I don't really understand why they organize the teams like they do, but I figure, I have enough things I am in charge of.  I kind of enjoy not being in charge of the water polo teams.  My job is to just go cheer and enjoy.  How refreshing!
Now the girls will swim hard all winter and then don their polo caps at the end of February for the spring season.

No comments: