Thursday, December 26, 2019

Catch Up

Each time Abe and I found out we were expecting a baby, it was always such happy news.  And somehow, it felt so special, so sacred, that we didn't want to tell anyone for a while.  Not because of  a fear of miscarriage, but rather because we just wanted to sit with the wonderful news ourselves and be grateful.  I think I've felt a little bit that same way since Clark came home.  We've had so many tender moments and feelings, and amid all  the celebrations of his homecoming and Christmas, I've just wanted to savor the joy of having him home and feeling the spirit of the season. 
It's been absolutely lovely and soul-filling and I feel like I have savored and appreciated it all.  But while I've been privately soaking it all in, I've gotten quite behind on what I want to share on the blog so that I can continue to remember what has transpired during this beautiful time in our family's history. 
So with that, here's a start of what we've been up to since Clark got home.
 We went to see a play in the Young Home Theater -- Every Brilliant Thing.  It was a one man (woman) show with a lot of audience participation, put on by a Utah Shakespeare Festival group that travels around the state to perform for schools.  This happened to be a home school group. 
 We loved the show and the conversations it opened up about suicide and talking and reaching out to others.
December is the busiest month for the high school swim team.  Here is Elinor diving in to anchor the winning 200 medley relay at a recent meet.  She has worked really diligently to get her shoulder healed and get stronger.
Abe and Clark went to another one of her meets a few days later.
Clark came with me to run a Christmas errand and I introduced him to my love of the chicken soft taco from Del Taco.  I was so happy that he found it quite a satisfying little snack!
This actually happened the night before Clark got home.  Bethany was excited to go be a judge at the high school's fundraiser "Mr. Silver Rush" pageant.  It was hysterical and cringy and heartwarming all at once. 
Miss Bluffdale was a judge as well and Bethany's 1st Attendant and close friend, Lily sat with them as well. 
A trip to Arctic Circle after the show.
Abe snapped this adorable picture of angelic little Greta sleeping.  I'm glad he he, because the next day...
... this happened.  She was rough-housing with the boys and she gashed her head on the edge of a bookshelf.
Darn it!  She ended up with three stitches that were removed on Christmas Eve day. 
She's still pretty angelic.

No comments: