Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Thanksgiving Weekend 2019

The boys have worked so hard with their Nutcracker rehearsals and performances, I could't help myself when I saw these Nutcracker pajamas!
Crushing it, indeed.
We had quiet a bit of snow over the Thanksgiving break.  It made the roads scary to drive on and it made the children very happy to play in. 
Ahh, snow clothes.  I feel so torn.  On the one hand, I loathe them.  To find proper sized snow pants, gloves, boots, coats and hats for each child is daunting and time consuming.  Then they come in all wet and sweaty and stinky and we have to find places for them to dry.  I know it's not really that big of a deal, but I admit it fries my brain. 
On the other hand, I honestly feel so blessed and rich to have so many pairs of snow boots and snow pants and gloves, etc, that we have sizes for every family member.  Savers and DI and hand-me-downs and outfitted us very well over the years. 
Snow clothes are just part of living in Utah and I really ought to stop complaining about them.  Snow clothes don't have to be trigger words for me.   Maybe I will turn over a new leaf and this will be the last time I mention snow clothes on this blog.
Maybe.
Band practice in the basement.
She is wearing the same night gown all three of her older sisters wore.  And she got a haircut:)
Clark is in for a real treat when he gets home NEXT WEEK!!!!
Did I mention Clark is coming home next week?
She is a joy. 
Sunday evening my parents joined us for dinner and then the five of us went to our annual and highly anticipated Messiah sing-along.  I guess I can't speak for them, but this is one of my very favorite events of the Christmas season.  I feel the spirit of Christmas and I love it!
Bethany got to stay home an extra day to participate in Monday evening's Santa's Arrival with Riverton city. 
Her job of was helping to serve scones.
Such little cuties-- She has a pretty great job!
Elinor has been serving on the Riverton City Youth Council this year and has loved it.  One of the best parts is that she and Bethany get to volunteer at all the city events together--
And then I tell them to be sure get a pictures together and they send me these little beauties.
Way to represent, Foxy Ladies!
We celebrated our "Italian Thanksgiving" with dear friends on Saturday evening.  The childhood friends and now college ladies were reunited.
I am thankful for Abe-- his goodness, cheerfulness, hard work, faith, and kindness. 

No comments: