Friday, March 6, 2020

Elinor's 17th Birthday

Elinor turned 17 last week.  I could not be prouder of her and I wish I could slow down time to keep her here at home a few more years.  She is a remarkable young lady-- driven, incredibly hard-working, kind, funny, unique, focused, honest, authentic, disciplined, gorgeous, talented.  Elinor is never concerned with competing with anyone.  She just strives to be her best self and appreciates others for exactly who they are.  And I adore everything about her and feel so thankful to be her mother.  
Elinor threw herself a birthday party last weekend.  Organizing a big group of friends usually makes her nervous and she generally avoids it, so I was a little surprised that she went for it.  But I am so glad she did.  She had a great turn out and it was lot of fun. There were kids from several areas in her life-- swim team, water polo, childhood friends, speech and debate.   
The played dodge ball with very soft rubber balls-- we learned our lesson after Faith's concussion.  This is team Riverton-- made up of the kids who live in the Riverton city limits.
The kids who live in cities other than Riverton.
Another round was water polo kids versus everyone else.  Man, those kids were vicious!
Sushi tag will be a new favorite game.
Pretty fun stuff.
Cade's shirt got ripped in one of the games-- so it was refashioned into this tank top apron.  Ha ha ha!  I wonder what his mom thought when he got home!?
Oh my.  Teenagers really are so much fun!
Happy Birthday, Elinor!

No comments: