Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Show Might Go On

Last Friday night Bethany, Cannon, and George auditioned for Herriman Arts Council's summer production of Newsies.  Cannon and Bethany did Newsies with Bluffdale last summer, but I guess they just didn't get their fill of it!  I know I sure didn't get enough of it!  I loved it so much!
Bethany auditioned for the part of Katherine, Cannon for Crutchie, and George for Les. These audition process was quite lengthy-- at least compared to what we're used to with Bluffdale.  They sang a prepared piece on Friday night and they all made call backs, which were Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday evenings.  
They spent the time in between learning the dances.  
I love watching George tap.  I won't keep you in suspense.  George didn't get the part of "Les" but he did get cast as a Newsie-- Which is no small thing because it's our understanding this was quite a large and competitive audition.  I was so proud of him.
Cannon didn't get the part of "Crutchie" (which he was really too young for), but he DID get the part of "Les", which he didn't even audition for since we thought he was too old and tall for.  So Cannon will be Les for two summers in a row.  It's a pretty big part and he is excited!
Bethany didn't get Kathrine, but she was cast as a named lead newsie, so she is thrilled.  She will also be one of the Bowery Beauties.  
And here they are all together and it makes me very happy:)
Rehearsals are about three weeks out--- IF THE SHOW HAPPENS AT ALL:(  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: