Sunday, September 6, 2020

Red Ledges 2020

Saturday evening we went with the whole gang to our favorite reptile hunting grounds-- Red Ledges.  It's up Diamond Fork in Spanish Fork Canyon.  It was hot a first, but it cooled down nicely.

I loved seeing Clark back in his favorite childhood spot.  Only, he's grown up now and encouraging his younger siblings to leave the lizards in their natural habitat.  Something we often encouraged him to do when he was little.  They listened about as well as he did as a kid:)
It would seem George is the heir apparent to Clark.  George sees the movements and is really quick to grab the little lizards.
And they caught about 15 or so.  A respectable number, but I've seen better:)
I've been listening to some podcasts and reading about the negative effects of screen time for kids.  Not that we're big into screen time anyway, but I think we can improve.  It seems kids are happiest and healthiest being active out in nature.
And kids aren't the only ones.  I have a goal to put my phone away more often and be more present with my family.  And I am much more content and less anxious when my mind is anxiously engaged in good books and big ideas.  So I'll be listening to more audio books and reading more books for the rest of the year.  
We went to take this picture and Greta said to Alexa, "Now you are the new Foxy Lady!" 
And we couldn't be happier to have her!
The journey up to the sun carving was a little more adventurous than Alexa and Greta and I felt up to,  but these guys and Abe all braved scaling the rock.
I enjoy them all so much.
It's a little steep and I we think it was smoother and slicker than in years past.  #erosionisreal
The kids gave Elinor an agility score of 20.
Our fearless leader
Everyone was in agreement-- the evening was a success and wonderful to be together. 
The family fun with lizards continued this afternoon.
George the Lizard Whisperer:)
In the background you can see the remains of the outdoor movie we watched last night-- Freaky Friday.  I love that movie.  Clark and Alexa brought up their tent and sleeping bags to test out their new camping equipment in the backyard.  We pitched a couple tents as well and the kids had a sleep out.
This morning we had a lovely church at home followed by a waffles and sausage and egg breakfast.  Abe will be working tomorrow on Labor Day, but I think we're all pretty satisfied with the fun for the weekend.  Time to get back to work:)




 





 

No comments: