Sunday, September 6, 2020

September 6, 2020

 

A summer evening of dinner and games with wonderful friends.  This is really living!

We learned a new yard game-- Kubb-- that was very fun, even if we were pretty bad at it.  No matter-- I want to play again.
Abe and I joined friends for a murder mystery party last week.  So much fun!  Did you know you an order a chest hair patch on Amazon?  Yes, you can! And it just might win you a major award!  His chest hair helped him win "Best Costume".
My character was drunk and I don't want to brag or anything, (I totally want to brag) but I play a pretty good drunk:) I won for best improvisation.  As it turned out, I like playing a character with no filter.
Dinner and company was so lovely.
Cannon and Faith began their speech and debate classes last Tuesday.  Cannon was over the moon excited and loved everything about it.  Faith was... not as excited.  When I asked her how it went she replied in very typical Faith fashion, "Well, I think you know how I feel about Speech and Debate.  It's not my favorite, but you know, that's okay.  I'm going to do it.  So yeah".
She's not being sarcastic or negative.  She says it with her usual cheer and pleasantness.  That's just how it is.  
Oh, that Cannon-- how he does entertain me!
And sometimes, he'll crank out little diddies like this...

  
Our cat in another weird sleeping position.  He is a good cat.
One of the very best things of this whole summer has been family outdoor movie nights.  Pretty  much every weekend.  Sometimes it's just us.  Sometimes the kids invite friends.  I always pull a mattress outside and watch it snuggling with little Greta who always falls asleep with me and it's heavenly.  
Last night was the new Mulan movie.  And while the reviews were somewhat mixed, I really liked it.  Elinor-- who LOVES all things Asian-- has been anxiously awaiting the release of this movie for months, if not years-- was so excited.  For us, it was the worth paying $30 to get it on Disney Plus.  Still way cheaper than all of us going to the movie.  And since we did an outdoor screen with a powerful amp, it was sort of like seeing it on the big screen.
It was a bright flash. 
And the evening already a very happy memory.

No comments: