Sunday, September 11, 2022

Day 11 (Sunday)--Better Than I Could Imagine

And just like that-- it was time to go home.  Normally, the best part of every trip I go on is coming home.  I love coming home.  This is the first time I didn't feel I was ready to come home.  I still love my life and my home.  But this trip was so much better than I ever hoped or imagined it would be.  It was a dream.  
Someone was taking their horse for an early morning dip in the ocean.  I don't know why this grossed me out.  

I don't know what island this is, but it was so cool seeing so many islands on our flight path on the way to Miami.
The rest of the day was long and not terribly enjoyable.  We were supposed to have a layover in Dallas-Ft. Worth, but due to bad weather we had to go land in San Antonio and wait it out on board the plane for a couple hours.  Blah.  Then we finally made it to Dallas-Ft. Worth, which was good, but also kind of sad to be so close to Bethany, but not see her.  Then after another weather delay, we finally made it home to Salt Lake.  About four hours later than we had expected, but let's put this in perspective.  We traveled from Barbados to the Rocky Mountains in just over twelve hours.  That's pretty miraculous.  You know what?  Everything about the whole trip was miraculous.  We are so grateful to Andrea and James for the invitation to join them on this life-changing adventure.  Island Betsy (and everyone who associates with her) thanks you!   

No comments: