Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Few Fun Happenings

 

Many thanks to Andrea for a most entertaining evening at the Eccles Theater to see The Tina Turner Musical.  WOW!!! It was incredible.  

I loved it so much that I wanted to name our new kitty "Tina".  I was out voted, but I still think it would have been a great name for her.
You see it, right?  She's simply the best.  
Actually, I just said that because, you know, it's a Tina Turner song.  The kitty has yet to prove herself as the best of anything.  Mostly we got her because we want a good mouser.  We shall see.
Jon and Misty hosted an incredible, and enviable (in a good way?) block party for their neighborhood in Bluffdale.  We loved crashing their party.  
Thanks to Abe's work and his hard work at said workplace, we got VIP box seats to see Match Box Twenty.  It included special parking passes, a food credit, a waiter to bring your food, and the biggest and best bonus?  NO WAITING IN LINES!!!  Perhaps you have never had the misfortune of waiting in line at the Usana Amphitheater.  No bueno.  This was the way to go!
We had quite a chuckle over the container of my $6.00 water.  Liquid Dead was just plain water masquerading as something other than what it was.  I felt so naughty!  Kidding.  Mostly, I felt that 6.00 for water is a rip off, no matter how fancy the packaging!  
The ten of us. 
We had such a good time.  We loved the music and it sounded great.
I'm so glad we get to go to a couple more concerts this summer.  I do fear this way of concerts my ruin me for regular ticket holding.
Game night at Plumfield
The kids LOVE Plumfield for games as well.  The nature of their games is more hiding and seeking.  It is the perfect house for it.
A night out to dinner with my beloved cousins.  As of writing this, Ben and Cali (middle) have moved to Ohio.  BOO! HISS!  Sadness for me.  Rachelle and Brandon are here in Utah for the summer before they go home to Virginia.  I say it a lot, but seriously, just the best people I know.  I adore them all.
Bluffdale summer outdoor plays are fantastic!  And they're free.  That makes them extra enjoyable.  The Allreds are great theater going friends.

No comments: