Friday, July 28, 2023

Elinor's Baby Shower at Plumfield

 

Elinor had a lovely baby shower at the end of June in anticipation of her baby's arrival later in July.  

Andrea was so kind to host our gathering at Plumfield (her gorgeous restored pioneer era home in Salt Lake). Aunt Laura and Allison were magnificent hosts as well.  They have been so good to Elinor.
Elinor with her bestie cousin Gentri.
Choi ladies
Elinor is blessed with so many good women in her life!  Great aunts Carolyn and Michelle, and Barbara.
Aunts Lori and Katie.  I love how women take care of each other.
Just a few Foxy Ladies.
The wonderful Johansens
The "Other Mothers" table.
The Little Ladies Table
Cafe Rio tastiness for dinner,
The little ladies had a fun time together.
Elinor adores her Aunt Lori-- and rightly so.  I adore Lori.  Pretty much everyone adores Lori!  The world needs more Lori.
Grandpa Abe had to make an little appearance wearing the "baby blue" bowtie Elinor and Brandon gave him for Father's Day.  
We had a onesie decorating table and I adore the finished products. 
I am completely lacking talent in the visual arts, but I understood the assignment.

It was a really nice evening celebrating Elinor and this baby to come.  I am astounded by the good women in our lives.  Many of these women have been there for me through all of my adult life and have supported and loved and taught me.  I am so thankful for their influence in my life and there are not words to describe the gratitude I feel for what they are now doing for Elinor.  They showered her with so many lovely gifts, but even more importantly, they showered her with love and kindness and support.  It is so beautiful.  They are so beautiful.  
So many thanks to everyone who helped out and came to her shower.  Elinor will be a wonderful mother and he will be one adored little baby!

No comments: