Thursday, July 27, 2023

Piano Recital Spring 2023

 This is one of the most exciting, full, enjoyable summers I have had in many years.  ALL GOOD THINGS.  So very many good things, that there isn't enough calendar dates or brain bandwidth to process it all.  Consequently, I am behind on recording our family history here.  I could take the time to think through the exact order of all the events, but that feels daunting to me.  And if it's daunting to me, it tends to be a little paralyzing for me as well.  So here goes my attempt at catching up-- maybe in the right order, maybe not.  And my reward for getting caught up is I get to blog about the best thing ever that just happened on Tuesday.    How's that for a teaser?

Back at the beginning of June was our spring piano recital-- everyone played pieces by Melody Bober (my favorite composers for graded piano pieces).  As always, I was SO pleased with my students.  It is a joy to have a relationship with each one.
We did two recital times-- this was the first group.  However, it is very incomplete as several students had to leave right after they played.  
Cute little Peter.  What a good heart this boy has.
This is the dress I brought from Mexico for Greta.  For the record, she accepted the dress, but was quite distressed about the way Faith styled her hair.  She insisted they just didn't go together.  
The twins had a hip hop dress rehearsal right after they played.  Such a cute pic of these three.  
The traditional visit to Arctic Circle to celebrate.

No comments: