Sunday, October 1, 2023

#9-- Music Nights

 You know we do love us some good live entertainment-- and this summer did not disappoint!

As rewards through Abe's work, we went to three concerts at the Usana Amphitheater.  But they weren't just regular seats--- no, they were VIP box seats with VIP parking and no lines and a waiter to bring you food you order with your food credit.  AMAZING!  It's pretty much ruined us for other concert experiences.  But that's okay.  Back in May we first saw Match Box 20 and I think I posted pictures of that earlier.  

The next one was August 18th-- the very evening Bethany came home from her mission!  We were able to score 4 tickets to see Foreigner and Loverboy and the four of us went and had SO much fun!  No one else I'd rather hang out with.  
Abe busted out his Member's Only jacket for the occasion.  


Unlike our two oldest children, Abe and I have not been big rock concert goers.  And truthfully if we hadn't gotten these tickets at no cost to us, we most likely would not have forked over the money to go.  That being said-- we have enjoyed ourselves so much more that I expected, that it may become a more regular occurrence for us.

Our third and last show (for this season at least) was Sting.  We thoroughly enjoy this show, but interestingly, it was definitely the most understated of all three.  Everything about it was understated, from his clothing and beat up bass guitar, to the set up on the stage and lights and special effects, to his willingness to be the back up guy to his own back up singers. The very name of the tour was understated-- "My Songs."
 I mean, Sting is a legend and of course I've known about this singer named Sting my whole life, but I guess I didn't realize how much I liked his music.   I found myself surprised at how well I knew so many of his songs and how immediately I could pinpoint the exact year a song came out because of how connected it was to life events.  As a musician he was so impressive.
It was all about the music.

No comments: